This is my personal web site. I take no responsibilities on the information listed here.

Thursday, March 01, 2012

The Granvania: 1-coin lunch!

If you want to make a quick stop in Akihabara and visit a maid cafe, probably Granvania is the one.  It is right by the Electric Town Exit of Akihabara station, right under the railways.  (There are two other maid cafes also right by the same exit, but I personally don't like those, so don't confuse with those :-p)  It used to be an old cafe called Corona which already existed when I first started going to Akihabara back in my school days, and its antique interior & Corona coffee still remains in Granvania.  While it calls itself "European Guild-style Restaurant", they serve decent food in a reasonable price, and they also serve alcohol.

I love this place since their weekday lunch is soooo reasonable.  They have set meals with soup and salad, and it only cost 500 yen.  Yes!  One coin!  The quantities are decent (of course in Japanese standard in case you live in a country like US where everything is LARGE :-p), and they taste good!  I also ate there last Monday, when I took paid holiday and went to Akihabara. ;-)

I often see people from abroad visiting there.  I heard from one of maids that they do have English menu for people who cannot read Japanese, so I highly recommend this place also to all of you who cannot read or speak Japanese.

The Granvania
http://the-granvania.ciao.jp/
MAP

No comments: